NOW Distributing Celanese Santoprene® TPV
Distributing Celanese Santoprene® TPV
Contact Amco Polymers today to speak to one of our representatives to place your order for Celanese Santoprene® TPV.
Amco Polymers selected as the North American distributor for Celanese Santoprene® TPV.
Santoprene® TPV was created out of a simple concept that revolutionized the industry more than 40 years ago. Developed as a ready-to-use material that behaves like rubber, but is processed like a thermoplastic, Santoprene® TPV is a proven solution serving markets as diversified and demanding as automotive, medical, building and construction, and consumer products.
Santoprene® TPV is a proven solution serving markets as diversified and demanding as automotive, building and construction, industrial, and consumer products.
Key Santoprene® TPV Uses:
- Auto and electric vehicle (EV) sealing and under hood parts
- Consumer goods
- Electrical insulation and jacketing
- Industrial parts and applications
- Auto and EV battery cooling system tubes and hoses
- Food and portable product applications
- Oil, gas, and mining applications
- Wind turbine cooling system parts
Why Santoprene® TPV?
Compared to materials such as EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) or other thermoset rubbers, Santoprene® thermoplastic vulcanizates (TPVs) significantly simplify manufacturing resulting in total system cost reductions. Santoprene® TPV also provides weight reduction through part redesign and in-process recycling during the conversion phase and the potential for recycling at the end of life.
Santoprene® thermoplastic vulcanizate (TPV) was created more than 40 years ago out of a simple concept to develop a ready-to-use material that behaves like rubber but processes like a thermoplastic. A truly revolutionary product, it quickly became the acknowledged industry standard for TPVs. Compared to materials such as EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) or other thermoset rubbers (TSR), Santoprene® TPV offers:
- Lower total system costs through manufacturing simplification
- Weight reduction through part redesign
- In-process recycling during processing and the potential for recycling at the end of life*
Santoprene® Technical Attributes:
- Sealing performance
- UV ageing, ozone and weathering resistance
- Chemical and oils resistance
- High elastic recovery within a wide temperature range
- High flex-fatigue resistance
- High thermal and electric insulation values
- Weight reduction – through part redesign versus thermoset rubber
- Colorability – metallic, photochromic/thermochromic effects
- Aesthetics – surface, feel and appearance options
- Easy processing and total system costs reduction
- In process and end-of-life recycling
- Injection molding
- Blow molding
- Physical foaming
- Chemical foaming
INDUSTRIES & APPLICATIONS
Santoprene® TPV Industries
- Automotive & Transportation (window seals & weather stripping)
- Building & Construction
- Consumer Goods
- Electrical & Electronics
- Industrial & Manufacturing
- Oil, Gas & Mining
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
Santoprene® TPV Applications
- 5G & IoT Communications
- Auto Exterior
- Automotive Interior
- Building Materials
- Chassis Underbody
- Charging Technology
- Consumer Electronics
- Electric Vehicles
- Fluid Handling
- Home Goods
- Mobile Devices
- Solar Energy
- Sporting Goods & Toys
- Wind Energy
- Wire & Cable Coating
Quotes and orders for the material will start September 1st, 2022, and deliveries begin January 1st, 2023.
For any questions about our transportation network or delivery dates, please feel free to message us on our website or call our corporate offices at (800) 262-6685.