Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) is a high-temperature semicrystalline polymer that provides high thermal stability, very high chemical resistance, stiffness, strength and creep resistance.
- High strength and stiffness
- High HDT (260°C / 500°F)
- Long term CUT 200°C / 392°F
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Good electrical properties
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Inherently self-extinguishing (UL 94 V0)
The PPS chemical structure provides excellent chemical and thermal resistance. Insoluble in all known solvents below 200°C (392°F), it has very good stability in both typical and alternative automotive fuels.
- Glass-filled grades
- Mineral-glass grades
- Low-wear grades
- Blow-molding grades
- Medical grades
- Injection molding
- Extrusion (film, fiber, sheet, shapes)
- Blow molding
Unfilled, high viscosity Fortron PPS is also suitable for extrusion and compression molding to produce sheets, rods and other stock shapes commonly used for prototyping.
- Bobbins, contact holders, lamp parts, brush holders, shields, connectors
- Pump housings and impellers
- Fuel injection and exhaust components
- Washers and bearings
It has broad automotive, drinking water, food contact and aerospace approvals.
Celanese Fortron® polyphenylene sulphide (PPS)